How You Can Help During the 2020 Holiday Season
You’re invited to join Bell in making the season brighter for our neighbors in need by taking part in our 2020 Comfort & Joy campaign from November 6, 2020 through January 6, 2021.
You can show your support and get involved by:
- Making a financial contribution – When you make a gift to Bell, you provide vital support for people living in York and Adams county who find self-empowerment, a safe place to stay, and access to care and resources to address their basic needs through Bell programs. [Sign up for our ECHO monthly giving club to let your gift resonate throughout the year.]
- Donating gift cards and/or bus passes – Bell relies on the support of caring donors to help meet the incidental (and sometimes crucial) expenses incurred by people who use our services, but that aren’t covered by specific funding sources.
- Hosting a donation drive – While you are invited to donate an item or expand your impact by hosting a drive anytime throughout the year, right now we are looking especially for bedding (blankets, sheets, pillow cases & mattress covers), towels & wash cloths, and new underwear and socks (adult and children’s sizes). For a list of ongoing essential needs, see our wish list.
- Shop Amazon smile (smile.amazon.com) – Speaking of shopping, if you’re skipping the scramble of the big stores and ordering online, remember that Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charity of your choice when you shop from Amazon smile; please choose to support Bell Socialization Services when you log in.
- Volunteering – Give the gift of time by volunteering with your children, friends, family, or co-workers. See our Volunteer page for more info on holiday-specific opportunities.
- Stay connected – Stay tuned to our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram) for up-to-date info on other ways to get involved. And invite your online friends to join you.