Guidelines, Rules, & Regulations
Bell’s Big Bed Race is Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 10 am to 3 pm.
BELL’S BIG BED RACE RULES + GUIDELINES
- Each racing team for Bell’s Big Bed Race shall consist of five members. There can be up to two substitutes. A racer may only be registered with one team.
- Every member of every team (including substitutes) must sign a Waiver of Liability.
- Bed pushers must be at least 16 years of age to participate. Riders must be at least 13 years old. Any team member younger than 18 must have parent/guardian permission.
- Bell provides to each team a twin mattress and a wooden frame (with headboard and foot board) on wheels to race. The beds are built to the same specifications and with the same size and type of wheels. Identical mattresses.
- Teams must bring:
- one set twin bed sheets (one fitted and one flat)
- one standard pillow case
- one blanket
- one NEW pillow (which will be donated to Bell after the race)
DECORATION: TEAM THEME
- Be creative! There will be a trophy awarded for the “Best Themed Team.”
- Feel free use your team outfits and bed linens to represent your theme, business or organization.
- Each team must have five members in order to race.
- Pushers/runners must wear footwear suitable for running.
- When riding, the rider must stay on the bed and must wear a helmet.
- Beds may not be pulled, only pushed from the front, sides and/or back.
- Pushers/runners are responsible for stopping their beds and maintaining an overall safe operation of propelling the bed along the course.
- All members of the race team must cross the finish line together to qualify. The rider is the only one to be on the bed.
YOUR SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
- A protective helmet must be worn by the rider during that portion of the race. This requirement will be enforced by race officials. Bed riders without helmets will be disqualified.
- Pushers should wear good running shoes along with suitable attire for the weather conditions. No flip flops or other open-toed shoes. Be aware that accidents may occur such as falling down on pavement, scrapes, bruises, tripping, collisions, etc. Safety gear to avoid and/or protect against such hazards is recommended.
- There must be no deliberate obstruction of other team’s beds during the race.
- All participants must sign the Waiver of Liability prior to the final team captain meeting.
- All participants will conduct themselves according to the highest standards of sportsmanship – particularly in regard to other competitors. Race competitors must obey instructions from the police & race officials, e.g. starters, timekeepers, etc.).
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed at the bed race site.
- All decisions by race officials are final.
- All bed/team costs are borne by the entrants. This includes the entry fee, which is non-refundable.
Additional information with details of event-day schedule will be forwarded upon team registration. Questions? Call Bell’s Community Engagement office at 717-848-5767.
Consider Team Fundraising to create an even bigger impact! Contact Melinda at 717-848-5767, ext. 516 for instructions.